Grav & Go! Gravenstein Pop-up
In any other year, we would have held our annual txotx to celebrate the release of our newest vintage of Inclinado, our Basque-inspired cider. Since we can't gather in person, we decided to take the fun online, with The Long Long Pour, our long-distance event focused on, you guessed it, the long pour (escanciar)!
Join us for this Zoom event on Saturday, June 6, at 4 pm Pacific time, for a special celebration of sidra culture. Be sure to order the special Long Pour Bundle on our store asap to have it delivered to you in time. The bundle includes 2 bottles of 2019 Inclinado still cider, 2 Bormioli Rocco Bodega sidra glasses, and 1 tapón courtesy of Bravas Bar de Tapas, which are perfect for "catching" cider during the long pour. We use these durable glasses at our tasting room for both txotx and the escanciar, and highly recommend them! Topa!
See below for what we have in store for The Long Long Pour:
- Ellen Cavalli, Tilted Shed co-owner, will start us off with an introduction to Inclinado plus some photos/videos of our past txotx celebrations to get us in the mood.
- Darlene Hayes, world cider expert, judge, writer, and editor of Malus zine, will share a brief overview of the cider cultures of Asturias and the Basque Country, including food traditions and ideas for tapas to go with your sidra.
- Scott Heath, Tilted Shed co-owner and cidermaker, will demonstrate his long pour skills while explaining what it brings to the cider and some pro tips. He'll also share a great hack for making your own tapón (pouring spout)!
- Next up is, you! Join us in an escanciar free-for-all! During our annual txotx, we have a special escanciar station set up where we encourage our guests to go wild practicing their long pour skills. It's messy and a ton of fun. So let's take the station online and keep the good times going! We'd love for you to try your hand online with the long pour. Don't be self-conscious. If there's anything the Spanish cider culture teaches us, it's that cider is all about community and joy!
- And many thanks to Dana Glei, cider club coordinator and Zoom moderator for helping us to make the Long Long Pour happen!